Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Husband - The Computer Super Hero

Jason had to replace the internet cable modem and wireless router today. Ours was 4 years old and was getting a little blinky. So a trip to Fry's Electronics was in order.

Of course, nothing is ever THAT simple. While he was in the downstairs office, he noticed that there was some discoloration of the ceiling. Hmmm... what is directly over this area? The master bathroom toilet. Argh!

So next was a trip to Home Depot and a call to American Family Insurance to file a water damage claim. This should be fun.

6 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Do you now have power boost to your cable?(you'll only get this if you've seen the comcast commercials) Smirk.

Sorry about the water damage. EW. My spouse could not fix plumbing issues like that. He might think he could bit I know better. I still hate the freaking shower.(head is up at 8-9 feet and water flow is wimpy. I have place to clean and I'd appreciate water a little lower)

Ronda's Rants said...

I am hoping we don't have any issues like those as ...it will quietly send me over the edge! I am a little jumpy with all these storms.
It's nice that he can fix all those things!

Anonymous said...

Just blog hopping and thought I'd say hello. Hope all works out with the water damage and the insurance. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh ugh... water stuff is such a pain in the booty... I hope the insurance covers what it should!

Ronda's Rants said...

Okay...Miss writer! I want you to enter my contest about the Most Memorable Vacation...
on http://travelwithronda.blogspot.com!

j said...

Oh no. Ick on the leaky toilet. I am sorry that you are having to deal with that.