Thursday, July 17, 2008

Part 4: A New Creation

For Part 1 click here
For Part 2 click here
For Part 3 click here

I prayed and accepted Christ as my Savior and the horrible feeling inside me went away and it has never returned. I was so excited that a told everybody that I knew! Hannah did a Bible study for new believers with me and recommended a good Bible translation for me. She told me that she would pray for me to find a good church. I hadn't even thought of that. A week or so later my hubby asked his friend next door where their family went to church. We joined them at church the next Sunday and found our church home!

When I told Sally that I became a Christian she was kind of quiet. I gave her all of my tarot cards, books, candles, oils etc. I didn't want any of that stuff around any more. Slowly over the next few months she completely stopped talking to me. Even now we still don't talk. We have a few friends in common and I pray for her a lot.

I had a friend from high school that I talked to via email weekly and when I told her that I became a Christian she asked me about it. She wanted to know exactly how this change happened. I emailed her my story and she asked more questions about Christianity. I started printing out the emails and bringing them to work with me for Hannah to read. Together we would go over them and she would help to answer the questions that my friend had. I learned a lot that way. In the end nothing I emailed to my friend made any difference to her. Not so far anyway. But I pray for her all the time too.

One day the Nurse Manager saw one of the emails and came unglued. I had written to my friend about when I first came to work at the clinic and how I felt it was the right place because the Nurse Manager was interested in paganism too. The Nurse Manager took me aside and told me that she was not a pagan. She also told me that she did not want Hannah and I talking about Christianity at work because it was upsetting other employees. I didn't know what to say.

Later when I told Hannah about this meeting with the Nurse Manager she told me that I should rejoice. After all, I had done nothing wrong. The Nurse Manager read an email that was on my desk and that Hannah and I had only spoke about our faith to each other on our breaks. So I was actually being persecuted for my faith and in Matt 5:10 God promises a blessing for those that are persecuted for His sake! It got worse though...to the point that I couldn't even wear my cross pendant to work.

Later on that year I received a wonderful answer to prayer. I started to feel so uncomfortable at work that I started looking for a new job. The day that I was offered a new position as a Case Manager for an insurance company downtown, my hubby asked me if I would like to just stay home with Henry instead. Henry was 4 and Jason was working as an independent sales rep, selling Xray equipment for GE. He was making enough money for me to stay home and I was more than happy to!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a fascinating story! How fun you got to stay home w/ your little boy!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome story.....

You are so lucky to get to stay home with your kids....wish I could!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait...you work now....so I will shut my mouth and wait for the rest...but at least you got away from the miserable situation with the Nurse Manager...

Anonymous said...

Wait...you work now....so I will shut my mouth and wait for the rest...but at least you got away from the miserable situation with the Nurse Manager...

Unknown said...

Wow - what a turn around... what wonderful people the Lord has placed in your life.

Ronda's Rants said...

Amen. God always makes a way. I love your story.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you accepted Christ!!!

Bronwyn said...

This is an amazing story. I can't wait to hear more!!

Maria Diane said...

Wow!! What a great story. Thanks for sharing your Christian walk with us. I love hearing other people's 'stories' about becoming a Christian. I became a Christian in college and my life hasn't been the same since!

Aunt Julie said...

I'm still reading--you've got me hooked. Ready for Part 5!

KWolfAK said...

Thank you all for following this story. The greatest story of my life. I work three 12's this weekend, but I will try to get at least one more installment out to read.

Susanne said...

What an amazing God we have to place just the right people into our lives when He knows our hearts are ready. I'm enjoying reading about your story!

Teri said...

I'm so glad everything is working for you in the right way now. Have a great weekend!

Dirty White boy said...

I saw you on SITS and decided to read..hope you dont mind.

Jen said...

Hello fellow, RN. Great story. Over from SITS and thanks for visiting me. Hope that you have a great work weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog...sounds like you were definetly being guided where you needed to be here...and there are always going to be people that come in and out of our lives for different reasons...there is nothing wrong with that...as long as you don't take it personally. Good luck to you.

j said...

I was Praising the Lord when you said that when you accepted Jesus that bad feeling went away! LOVE IT!

Your testimony is fascinating!

Jen