Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Past

I was watching What Lies Beneath today. And it brought back memories of when I first saw it. Jason and I were separated at the time and I was practicing Wicca.

I have thought about doing a post on this part of my life, but I'm not really sure how to start. I suppose that this is as good a way as any.

Jason and I had been married about 2 years and Henry was just 1 at the time that "The People" came to stay with us. That's what I called them when I talked to my work friend anyhow. They were Jason's friends from when he was a teenager. They were having some hard times and came to stay with us. Them and their 3 kids. It was just too much having them in the house along with me and Jason and Henry and Steph and Paul. I remember spending hours in my bedroom just to have some alone time.

I had always been into astrology and I had a friend at work that gave me a set of tarot cards. The next thing I knew I was reading tons of books about tarot cards, Wicca and candle magic. Even after The People moved out I continued with my fascination with it all.

My friend and I started meeting on the full moon to draw a circle in the backyard. We would burn candles and incense and cast simple love and money spells. We felt it was harmless and fun. But that all changed in November. My friend and I invited a coworker to join us. She wanted us to cast a spell on our boss because she was having a problem with her. We said sure, why not. That was on the full moon 2 days before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving evening we learned that our boss's husband had died and she would not be returning to work.

That's when we really realized the power and the seriousness of what we were dealing with. I started spending hours researching spells and writing them in my own leather bound book. I collected tons of tarot decks and would do readings for anybody and everybody and my friend and I started making our own oils and incense and candles. We were consumed.

That next April Jason told me that he wanted a separation and I learned that he was having an affair.

11 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

And....you have got to come to Florida for a cup of coffee so I can hear the rest of this story!!
Wow. God puts us all on different paths...even when we feel like we are the ones in control.Thanks for sharing your truth and anytime you want to share the rest of the story...the coffee is on me (or a coke!) :)

Jennifer said...

Wow--that's really interesting stuff!! Very intriguing! Are you still researching and doing the Tarot, etc.? I hope you write more about it!!

Heather said...

Oh my stars!! I stay far, far away from such things. It scares me. I want to hear more about your story, though!! Keep going!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Being a Christian I have learned that dealing with spells and witch craft is like dealing with the Devil himself. VERY VERY Powerful and very very dangerous.

I sure hope you got away from all that. It starts out being fun and lighthearted but then it turns to darkness and evil.

I hope you share the rest of your story so we can all learn what happened and learn from it.

I am NOT being judgemental at all. I hope you don't think I am. This is the first time I have been to your post so I don't know anything about you except what is in this post.

I do not push my belief on to other people but I will gladly share with anyone who wants to know. God is wonderful. He is love! Nothing but grace and love.

Big hugs to you!

Joanne

Apple Joos said...

I am absolutely riveted by this story. I'll save my comments until the end. I'm a pagan gone Christian myself.

Joanne Kennedy said...

Just read more of your blog and about me. I see you are now a Christian! Praise be to God!

So happy to see once again Good wins over Evil!

Hugs,
Joanne

KWolfAK said...

Thank you all for your encouragement. I will complete the story.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read more....

Someday I'll have to blog about my brush with the "dark side"

j said...

Kendra, all I can say is WOW. You stepped out and got very personal in this post. I am intrigued. Your profile says that you are a Christian so I can't wait to see what the Power of the Lord did in your life. You have my respect and admiration for your boldness.

Glad that we are Sisters in Christ!

Jen

Texasholly said...

UH....you can't just leave us hanging there...really.

sassy stephanie said...

part one: read

gotta bookmark you so I can continue the story later!

this is giving me goosebumps!