Thursday, August 14, 2008

"How do you read it?"

Wow, it was a rough night at church. I could just feel the conflicting emotions in the air. I could look around the room and read the body-language.

Why does this have to be so painful and difficult? I certainly can see both sides of this, but I think that the path set before us is clear. If we are so stubborn about keeping everything we have for ourselves... what purpose does that serve? Is that what God really wants from His church here on earth?

I am trying hard to focus more on what God is teaching us through this and not on the problem or trial itself, but it is very challenging.

I appreciate all your prayers on behalf of our little church. We will be voting on the "merger" on August 28th. Please continue to pray for us to make the decision that will glorify God.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh... i will definetely be praying.. that's some hard stuff for everyone.

Lanny said...

And how is it that something will be decided? Will it be American style, majority rules? Or will it be that nothing happens until all are of one accord? Philippians 2:1-2.

It is not impossible even in our times to have an Acts 6:5 experience "And the saying pleased the whole multitude." NKJV ("This proposal pleased the whole group" NIV)

I will continually pray that you, and those you fellowship daily with, find peace.

Anonymous said...

Change is always tough....I'm still praying for you!

Ronda's Rants said...

I hope that God will be allowed to work amongst you and those involved will lay down their ego...I know it is hard for everyone! I will hold you in my prayers!

DD said...

You know, as someone who has been through a major church split in the past year let me say that I know it is a MISERABLE,MISERABLE time. But that sorrow may last for the night, joy comes in the morning. Its so hard being stuck between two sides and God is NEVER for "division". He's always for unity.

Heather said...

My heart hurts for you and your church. I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. I'll be praying!!

Aunt Julie said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and in our prayers. Hope everything works out for you and for your congregation!

Nik said...

How horrible that there is so much conflict and emotions going on in a nurturing setting like that. I will keep praying for you.

sassy stephanie said...

Man, I went through a Sunday School split a few years ago and that was enough for me! I can't imagine a church split or merger. Can't be easy. Will be praying for all involved.