Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Water on the Laptop

Well. I hate to admit when my hubby is right. But he told me that I shouldn't let Henry use the laptop and he was right. Last night he spilled water on my laptop. I've taken the keyboard off and opened it up. Used a hair dryer. I can only get it to work for about 5 minutes at a time and then it shuts down. Hopefully it will dry out in a couple of days and will finally work. Until then I am forced to use the computer in the office (the one that Henry should have been using). I know that I should be happy that we actually have more than one computer in this house, but...

7 comments:

Z's Mom said...

OH NO....that's bad. You know I saw an article somewhere on how to dry out a laptop.....I'll look for it and give you the link if I find it.

Z's Mom said...

Ok, well if you google it, which you probably already did....there is a lot of advise. It does to give it 24 hours....

Hope it feels better soon!

Judy Haley said...

ouch! it's like trying to function without one of your hands when you're down a computer

Jennifer said...

Shoot! I hope it ends up "fixing" itself when it dries out. My laptop got "slimed" the other day when a squishy ball exploded on it--but, miraculously it still works!

Bunny Bunster said...

I feel your pain!

robynanne said...

Yes, my 2 year old likes to flip the keys off my lap top. I'm out my shift keys and my enter key that is not part of the number pad area. I have to push really hard on the spot where the key used to be to get capitol letters now! LOL!

Teri said...

Oh, oh, that is yucky. I hope you get it dried out soon.